6 november 2014

Sunday Picnic Dress - sewpony style...


These last few weeks, my life became a bit more hectic... which meant that my blogging and sewing-time got a bit reduced... but when Suz from Sewpony sent me a message, inviting me to participate in her new blogtour, I was very enthusiastic.... and it was the extra push I needed to start sewing again!


So this is my very first postpartum dress... haha sounds awful, doesn't it?

The pattern is great, you can adjust the dress for all four seasons, and everything is explained with detailed pictures... no need to think for yourself, just sew!  When my mother saw the finished dress, she complimented me on how neat everything was done, but all credits go to Suz, really, what a great pattern!


I loved her version with the yellow collar so much, so I selected a fabric with some yellow in it, so I could steal her idea. It was in fact a leftover I bought from my dear friend Mieke, and I had to twist and turn to get all pattern pieces out of this fabric, but I managed!


The V-neck on my version is a bit wide, which works if it is a summer dress, but might be a bit cold for a winter dress, but Suz adjusted the pattern, so in the final version of the pattern, it is not so wide...


I will surely make more versions of this lovely dress! 
Thanks again Suz! 

Marleen





Fabric: Clothworks - Water lilies

13 opmerkingen:

  1. da's een topstofje! da gepuzzel was het waard :)
    heel mooi kleedje!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. It is totally adorable!! Your daughter is so cute!!! I love the fabric and her shoes too! Thank you marleen!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Oh your little model looks so adorable in her dress :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Oh, deze zag ik nog niet! Super!
    (en een beetje minder bloeitijd geeft mij de ruimte om wél overal op te kunnen reageren ;) Elk nadeel heb z'n voordeel, nietwaar?)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...